Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pixel Whirled - Art Samples!

Alright, progress has been slowed somewhat in light of the recent news that my wife is pregnant with our third child! So I've been busy taking care of her and the kids but hey - nothing can stop the Pixel Whirled train and slowly but surely, it's coming together.

Here are some art samples, including some enemy sprites and a couple of background art samples as well. In the comments of my last post, I stated that I would do something a bit more than post art, but I'm afraid you're going to have to wait for that one.. although I do have something special in the works that I hope you'll all enjoy. More on that later, on to the art!

Every oldskool game needs a princess, here she is!

Agh, I'm scared! What is that thing? I want my mummy!

Two words. Evil. Monkey. 'Nuff said.

Don't worry, this alien can't probe you - he doesn't have hands!

Here's a frame of the walk cycle of our blue-clad hero, Ninja..

..and one for Pirate as well.

And now for a little teaser of some background art:

The deep, dark woods...

This is really how towns are built in Pixel World. It is a silly place.

All images contained herein © 2009 Adam Holmes - Do not use without permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment