Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Interesting Facts, Day 14: Hurdle's Origins!

Hurdle Turtle was conceived from boredom, born to bring fun to the world.

That's pretty melodramatic, but also accurate.  Several years ago, I was attending a particularly dry meeting at my day job, and as I'm wont to do, I started doodling in the margins of my notebook.  I drew a few random things, one of which was a happy little turtle launching himself over a hurdle.  I laughed out loud in spite of myself because of the way it rhymed (it was a very dry meeting) and how cute the doodle was.

This is a dramatization; the original sketch has unfortunately been lost.

Hurdle lived in the back of my brain for several weeks after that, until I finally decided we must make this spirited little fellow into a game, and Hurdle Turtle was born!

And now...

Hurdle Turtle 2 will be released on Xbox 360 tomorrow!!!

 Holmfry

No comments:

Post a Comment