Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bit of War - January-March Gameplay Footage!

Here's a video summary of what we've been up to from late January to early March 2011 on Bit of War. You may have thought we had forgotten about the project as it was awful quiet, but the truth is we've been on somewhat of an accelerated development schedule and just too busy to blog! :)  As a result, our God of War demake is coming along nicely - the engine/first level is just shy of complete, and we have the other levels planned and script ready to go.


On a personal note, I'll admit it took me a while to figure out a good development schedule since the arrival of my third child, and the return to my day job. However, I think I've finally found something that works for me, and things are finally getting done.  My message to developers out there who are going through similar scheduling humps: don't be afraid to experiment and try grossly different techniques with the way you do things.. you'll find a routine that works and when you do, it's so worth it.


But I digress. "Quit yer' gibberin' and get on with the video, Holmfry!"  Ok, ok!



This will likely be the last "monthly" gameplay we post before the game is released later this year, as anything we would be able to show you after this point would just be bug fixes (hard to demonstrate in this format) or new levels (spoilers!).

So from here on out it will likely be back to our good old fashioned blog, located right here.. stay tuned!



 Holmfry

No comments:

Post a Comment